Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Beginnings

I went over to our new house and cleaned so we can move in this weekend. I am excited because this was quite the workout: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning four toilets (yuck), and cleaning out the much bigger kitchen. I think I burned quite a few calories.. hee hee! It felt so good. Also, I was able to eat healthy and in smaller proportions. Staying busy is a great way to not eat my sorrows away. I have become quite an emotional eater. It is when I am sick and not mobile that this really begins to cause problems for my emotional eating, and also my mentality of it all. I have way too much time to sit and dwell on the things I shouldn't. For a long time I have been limited in what activity I was able to do, making me feel very frustrated. When you can't do normal things it can be very discouraging. I had no idea how nice it was to be able to do the everyday things until I could no longer do them. I don't take those things for granted anymore. Even though I hate cleaning toilets.... I am grateful that I can now. Especially because I have two little boys.... Need I say more? We are very excited for this new adventure in our lives. I am so excited to be in a house! Yay! My kids are hilarious about what brings them joy about the house. Yesterday they were laying down on the family room floor (with plush carpet), and they rolled all over their new space laughing. They are so delighted about the room we now have, and I am so excited for them. Things are good, and I absolutely embrace them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate cleaning, too! But you are right about being idle. If I am busy, I don't eat as much. I'm not very good at keeping myself busy.

    ReplyDelete