Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Making a Difference

So many times in my life I have really wondered what more I could do to bring others love, laughter, and service. I am someone who always wants to help those around me. I love being service oriented. Being a good wife and a good mother is the ultimate priority to me. Giving service to my little family is the most important service I will ever do. I have a lot of health issues that somewhat prevent me from doing the things I desire so much to do. I am limited in those efforts, but I always strive to be better and do more, to push myself in these ways. I always have this longing to reach out to others though. To do more than just be a stay at home mom. A lot of times that is the reason I share such personal experiences with everyone because I feel that in sharing my painful and not so painful experiences is a way to help them, and it is a way for bonding, it is a way to strengthen our relationships. I feel that if it helps them get through their heartaches or whatever it is that they are struggling with, it is worth sharing those experiences. We learn so much from our own experiences and from others experiences as well. I truly believe that if we would just share more of what we have learned, and gone through, good and bad, we would all be better off. We would be more compassionate caring individuals. We need to not be afraid that someone will judge us. It helps to feel that we aren't alone and that someone has an idea of what we are going through. We need to understand that it is okay to let our guard down and show that we aren't without flaws, that we aren't perfect. To not be afraid that we will somehow seem less than we are. Sometimes we worry too much about making sure everyone thinks that we have no problems and that we have it all together, the perfect life. There is no such thing. All of us have our problems and it is okay to be vulnerable. That is the very key to service. It forces us to become selfless, and more loving. Just think of what the world would be like if we all focused more on serving and reaching out to those around us. The world would be a much better place. I believe that one person can make a difference. I want so much to be the kind of person that helps others. I want to make my life more. I want to be more. How does a stay at home mom be more than just that? What can I do to be out there and make a difference?  Right now with my health the way it is there is only so much I can do, so that is why I write my experiences, thoughts, and stories down. I do it in the hopes that I might reach someone out there who needed to hear the very thing I shared. I have learned so much through other people and what they have given me through the sharing of their experiences. I hope that putting myself out there, I will have made a difference in maybe just one person's life. I really believe that serving others makes us better people and that it's beneficial to everyone. Let us take the time each day to help someone. Let's make a goal to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment