Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Great Outdoors

We are taking the kids camping this weekend for one last camping trip of the summer. I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. The weather has really only just begun to be summer weather, so even that feels like summer should just be starting not coming to an end. What can ya do? I love camping. Getting into nature is such a great way to relax. It is so peaceful in the woods. I love going exploring, and seeing all the beauty around me. There is so much to offer outdoors. My boys are so excited to go fishing, this is actually the first time we have even had a chance to take them this summer. I am so glad my kids love to go camping getting a chance to be in the great outdoors. It is a great way to spend time together. Getting them away from technology, and letting them actually use their imagination that kids are so greatly blessed with. Sometimes you just need an escape from the world and all it's hustle and bustle. I have prepared healthy alternatives for myself so that I can stick with my "lifestyle change". I find that when I am prepared I have an easier time sticking to my goals of eating healthy. Usually in the past, I do really well at home and then we go somewhere. Like camping, visiting family or friends, vacationing, etc... That is what seems to get me off track. So I have discovered if I am prepared with what I need to be healthy, I stick to it so much easier. There is the occasional time when there isn't much you can do, so I just try to only have small proportions of those foods. Sometimes this works and sometimes I give in finding myself overeating. I have mentally prepared myself to be good so we will see how it goes. Here is what I keep telling myself, "I am going to succeed! No matter what happens I will remain positive and not beat myself up. I am determined to be active, enjoy myself, enjoy my family, and eat healthy." :)

1 comment:

  1. You can succeed. You are such a remarkable woman. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete